Sunday, August 8, 2010

Now That Ne-Yo Knocked The Wanted Down To #5, I Have A Better Chance At Having Sex With Them

The Wanted's stay at #1 in the UK with debut single "All Time Low" was short lived, as Ne-Yo's fancy loafers came along and booted them down to #5 this week. I'm still not decided on "Beautiful Monster," either; much like Ne-Yo's 2008 hit "Closer," I kind of appreciate it—but it's just not grabbing me like his older jams "Because Of You" and "Sexy Love" did right away. Both he and Stargate can do better, I'm afraid.

At any rate, we really do seem to be in the doldrums of the pre-fall releases now. Katy Perry is putting a damn single out a week and Eminem and Rihanna's "Love The Way You Lie" is so overplayed that I'm thinking of putting a cork screw through my eardrum next time I hear it on the radio. (So, basically, I'll just have to go flip it on and start stabbing.)



Here's hoping The Saturdays' semi-decent "Missing You," which is now out, shakes things up a bit next week. After all, it's been so long since we've had a nice pack of strippers sliding down the pole that is the UK chart in an upside-down split on a Sunday.

Hail Jesus!!!!

The U.K. Top 10:

1. "Beautiful Monster" - Ne-Yo *new* *1 week*
2. "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
3. "We No Speak Americano" - Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP
4. "Love The Way You Lie" - Eminem feat. Rihanna
5. "All Time Low" - The Wanted
6. "Billionaire" - Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars
7. "Airplanes" - B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams
8. "Pack Up" - Eliza Doolittle
9. "One (Your Name)" - Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell
10. "California Gurls" - Katy Perry