Thursday, December 9, 2010

The EEEEEEE-Heeeeee Files: Michael Jackson & Akon's "Hold My Hand" Music Video

Remember, chyldryn, only here in Chart Rigger's investigative series The EEEEEEE-Heeeeee Files will you find the most in-depth, probing coverage of the late Michael Jackson and his upcoming album of unreleased material Michael (out December 14). (Pulitzer, I'm available.)

Today we turn our detective lens to the music video for Michael and amazingly soulful vocalist Akon's "Hold My Hand" (a jam I previously labeled "effective pop"), the lead single off the "new" LP.

Now, I'm not really sure who this Persian woman is who's impersonating Michael all through this video in various faked scenes of concert footage, etc., but I think the whole thing is perverse. Let the dead lie. What a con!



In fact, only at the end of the clip do we see the real Michael Jackson—at the 3:29 mark, where he's standing on the ground waving at the cheap heart-shaped box of Hallmark Valentine's Day chocolates.

That's the Micheal we all know and love. Unfortunately, "Hold My Hand" has dropped this week on the Hot 100 from its peak of #50 to #66.

EEEEEEE-Heeeeee!!!