Monday, November 15, 2010

The EEEEEEE-Heeeeee Files: Michael Jackson's New Single "Hold My Hand"

Unlike "Breaking News," the Michael Jackson song (yeah, right) that surfaced last week, "Hold My Hand" actually sounds like the King Of Pop is crooning the main vocals. Produced by and featuring Akon, a rough version of "Hold My Hand" was originally recorded two years ago. Now this polished rendition is the first single off the upcoming Michael (out December 14).



We all know Michael was a massive perfectionist, but "Hold My Hand" proves that sometimes going the simple route can produce spectacular results. I'm not saying this stands up to classic MJ hits like "Billie Jean" or "Man In The Mirror." But after one listen, the chorus is ringing through your head, and that's just effective pop.

Still feeling a bit dubious about this whole Michael project, because "Breaking News" was a real rocky start to the campaign. But at the very least, "Hold My Hand" should fare well as a surprisingly solid single.