Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Robyn + Max Martin = "Time Machine" (x Pop Heaven)

The fact that Robyn announced she was teaming back up with her original "Do You Know (What It Takes" and "Show Me Love" producer Max Martin after 14 years for upcoming Body Talk track "Time Machine" seemed like the best idea floated through the cosmos since the invention of the pogo stick, but let's face it—sometimes these things can go horribly, woefully wrong.

And then sometimes they can effing rock.



Here's what Robyn told the Miami New Times blog about working with Martin again:
"Me and Martin stayed friends of the years. I've been thinking about working with him again. We've been talking about it for the last five years. We hadn't really found the right song. But now it just clicked and it felt like a really good time to do something with Martin again. The success we had together in the mid-'90s was not only my first success but one of Martin's first bigger hits in America. I love the fact that I'm getting to work with one of the biggest producers in the world. Also, it's maybe showing people I'm not afraid of my past. For me, making a beautiful song is what I'm obsessed with. And 'Time Machine,' which is the song I recorded with Martin, is amazing and I'm really happy that we were able to put it on the album."
This has simply got to become an American hit. I'm willing to go to drastic measures. I have a crossbow.

The full Body Talk LP is out November 22.