Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Rihanna's "What's My Name" Video

Now that Rihanna's "What's My Name" has topped the U.S. chart and the song is deeply entrenched on Top 40 radio, along comes the video. And it's even more glaringly obvious that Drake only drags this otherwise decent jam down.

I like "What's My Name." At first I didn't get it, but it's got a subtle hook that inevitably grows on you. But Jesus Christ, does Drake always have to sound like he's bored, depressed, monotone and rapping through his nose (not to mention completely smug)? He's alright to look at, but Ri Ri should have just stuffed her red wig in his mouth and taken full vocal control of this one.

"What's My Name" is now Rihanna's eighth #1 single on the Billboard Hot 100. At this point in her career, does she even need the featured rapper of the week anymore?

Oh, well. Here's the video. Ooh, na-na away...