Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Brandon Flowers Plays Sad Ringmaster In His "Only The Young" Video

I can't help but feel that Brandon Flowers' "Only The Young" is such a misty, whimsical jam. And so I'm glad it's getting a proper single release.

The music video premiered today, and it finds B. Flo acting as a heavy-hearted ringmaster in a sort of Close Encounters Of The Third Kind meets Cirque Du Soleil affair. All that's missing is for Sigfried and Roy to spring out of some fey lion's den and sandwich Brandon in a pink cage.

All in all, the video is pretty nice to watch, but the most visually stunning bits are definitely the black and white segments.



You know, I kind of like Flowers' solo album Flamingo. I think it's just going to take some long, lonely winter day for it to really click with me.