Thursday, October 21, 2010

U.S. Chart Roundup: Far East Movement Fly Like A G6 To The Top Of The Hot 100

And so club-crawling booze enthusiasts Far East Movement (and thus, the "featuring" Cataracs and Dev) climb to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week with their "Booty Bounce"-sampling "Like A G6." You just knew that was inevitable.



"Like A G6" sort of won me over in the way that, if I hear it on the radio, I won't switch it off just yet. At first I wanted to ram a screwdriver in my ear upon hearing it. And now—well, I'd never pay to download this trash, but I don't mind it at a respectable volume in the background.

Moving on, Pink jumps from #51 to #11 with her new Max Martin/Shellback-produced jam "Raise Your Glass." The song is already #1 in Australia, a country that I feel appreciates the radness of Pink far more than America does. If this single doesn't at least go Top 10, I'll be crafting a voodoo doll in the likeness of Clear Channel chairman Lowry Mays. And I have really long pins.

This brings us to the Mike Posner, a total douche an artist I expressed my apprehension about last week. This week his latest synth-drenched single "Please Don't Go" climbs 20 positions to #34.

And as I hinted at back in July when Yolanda Be Cool And DCUP's "We No Speak Americano" topped the UK chart, it hasn't taken long for us Yanks to embrace this novelty hit. The monotonous Aussie dance jam cracks the Top 40 this week and moves up to #36.

Hoo-razzoo.

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Like A G6" - Far*East Movement *1 week*
2. "Just The Way You Are" - Bruno Mars" 
3. "Just A Dream" - Nelly
4. "Only Girl (In The World)" - Rihanna
5. "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" - Usher feat. Pitbull
6. "Back To December" - Taylor Swift *new*
7. "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry
8. "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz
9. "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
10. "Bottoms Up" - Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj