Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Shayne Ward's "Gotta Be Somebody" Video

I think I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not happy Shayne Ward has been made to release a Nickelback cover, "Gotta Be Somebody," as the first single off his long-overdue third LP Obsession. But that said, I'm glad the video isn't a black and white affair, as the preview clip seemed to indicate.

And the director was right in having Shayne appear shirtless throughout, to distract from the fact that the song is just kind of mundane. Sorry, but I think we all got spoiled with Breathless, his second album, which seemed to be much more upbeat.

Looking forward to hearing more energetic material from Obsession. My biggest gripe is that the fantastic "The Way You Are," which leaked earlier this year, didn't make the cut.

Anyway, here's "Gotta Be Somebody."