Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take That Cover 'Q' Magazine, Talk Trash

UK man band Take That have the cover story in December's issue of Q magazine. It's the first time all five members have appeared on the cover of a publication together in 15 years, and the images were shot by none other than Bryan Adams. Yes, "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" Bryan Adams. And "Heaven" Bryan Adams. And "Please Forgive Me" Bryan Adams. What the fuck am I talking about?

Oh, right—so in their article, it seems like Gary Barlow has to run through the same old song-and-dance about the low point he hit when he was dropped by his label in the late '90s while Robbie Williams' career was taking off:
"The thing I've learned from having Rob back in my life is that it wasn't being envious of him, it was more that I love being in the industry. I love days like today, doing a photo shoot, being driven here in a nice car. It's a nice life. And it's fucking temporary, unless you're incredibly lucky. He was getting all the stuff I wanted. I hated it when he had a pop at me, but it didn't keep me awake at night. I was just longing to get back into the industry. It was snatched away from me overnight."
Class. At least he wasn't missing something frivolous, like making music.